Main MTN Data plan has been updated and there various data plan which you can choose from based on the type of device you are using and your consuming rate. MTN Nigeria has been in the country for over 20 years if I am not mistaken.
The company – MTN has different internet bundles you can select from – Daily, Weekly, Hours, Monthly even Midnight and weekend plans just like other networks around.
Going around we find ourselves in a situation where internet connection is one of the things we’ve added to our daily needs, this is why MTN data plan codes – if MTN network is your preferred choice is what you should know about.
MTN also offers Pay as You Go browsing for 5 kobo per kilobyte which is quite expensive in the long run but it is more effective if you don’t want to buy a data bundle and you have few things to do or browse online.
Good News is MTN now has 4G LTE network band in a selected area in the country. So, if you have a device with 4G network capability you can browse even faster – up to 25mps.
An Internet connection from service providers including MTN may vary and sometimes their strength in some areas doesn’t work as expected, If MTN is not the best choice in your location you can switch between to Airtel, Glo or 9Mobile.
MTN Data Plan Codes
Getting a data bundle on your SIM requires you to use a certain and specificied code for each network. For you to activate MTN data plans on your sim then you definitely need the code to dail on your mobile phone.
MTN Daily Data Plan
The MTN Daily Data Plan is basically a five (5) different plans and this Data plans usually expires after 24 hours there is also another that extends to up to 48 hours whether you exhaust the plan or you do not exhaust your data balance.
- 25 MB Data Plan (for 24 hours) – *131*114# For N50
- 75 MB Data Plan (for 24 hours) – *131*104# For N100
- 200 MB Data Plan (for 48 hours) – *131*113# For N200
- 1 GB Data Plan (for 24 hours) – *131*155# For N350
- 2 GB Data Bundle (for 48 hours) – *131*154# For N500
The 1GB data plan seems to be for those that want to download some heavy files real quick without needing to subscribe for mega plans.
MTN Weekly Data Plan
MTN Weekly Data Plans are categorized into two also (You have a 7 days usage and also 14 days usage) and this data plan doesn’t have any bonus attached to it. It works within 7 & 14 days after the 7th and 14th days it expires.
- 350 MB Data Bundle (for 7 days) – *131*102# For N300
- 750 MB Data Bundle(for 14 days) – *131*103# For N500
MTN Monthly Data Plan
These Plans are different categories but they all go for 30 DAYS exactly 1 Month. There are both small data plans and also mega data plans. Check the table below to see all the Monthly available MTN Data Plans.
- 1.5 GB Data Bundle (for 30 Days) – *131*106# For N1,000
- 2 GB Data Bundle (for 30 Days) – *131*130# For N1,200
- 3.5 GB Data Bundle (for 30 Days) – *131*110# For N2,000
- 6.5 GB Data Bundle (for 30 Days) – *131*107# For N3,500
- 11 GB Data Bundle (for 30 Days) – * 131*116# For N5,000
- 25 GB Data Bundle (for 30 Days) – *131*117# For N10,000
- 40 GB Data Bundle (For 30 Days) – *131*105# For N15,000
2 MONTHS Data
The Above monthly MTN Data Bundles only last for 30 Days which equals to exactly a month. MTN introduced another monthly data plans and this plan last for 2-Monthly which is equivalent to 60 Days.
- 60 GB Data Bundle (for 60 Days) – *131*118# For N20,000
- 100 GB Data Bundle (For 60 Days) – *131*138# For N30,000
3 MONTHS Data Plan
Just as there 2 Months MTN Data Plans there are 3 Months Data plans which last for 3 months equivalent of 90 Days. This MTN Data Bundle is what we can call the MTN MEGA Data Plans
- 120 GB Data Bundle (for 90 Days) – *131*133# For N50,000
- 150 GB Data Bundle (for 90 Days) – *131*134# For N70,000
Must See – Huawei Y9 2019 Full Specifications
How To Check MTN Data Balance
To Check Your Data Balance You Can Dial *131*4# or dial *131# (Also To Activate Any of the Plans) and follow the prompt…
OR Send 2 To 131 to check the data balance.
All of these plans works on any device, either a smartphone, modem, Mi-fi just that these data plans are not for Blackberry devices and come to think of it BlackBerry Device are nowhere to be found among smartphone users today.
So there you have it all of the latest MTN Data Plans for surfing the internet, Data subscription code and price attached to each of the MTN Data Bundles in 2019. You can also take a look at the 9mobile (etisalat) data plans and know the price attached.
How to subscribe to MTN Pulse Data Plan
MTN Pulse tariff plan is a prepaid tariff plan that allows you enjoy a FLAT rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after the first 60 seconds call of the day at 25K/sec. With MTN Pulse, “You Talk more, Laugh more and Love more.
To subscribe to MTN Pulse data plan if you are an existing user, you need to migrate to MTN Pulse before you can activate this data plan.
How To Migrate to MTN Pulse
To Migrate to MTN Pulse Simply text 406 to 131 or you can Dial *406*1# OR *123*2*2#. You will not be charged any penny for migrating to MTN pulse but if you migrate in and out within 30days then you will b charged N100 for migration.
MTN Pulse Tariff Benefits
Benefits of migrating to MTN Pulse are in different varieties which are for both on calling and browsing on the MTN Network.
- Flat rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending ₦10 daily.
- Music streaming on Music+ at ₦10/day
- Pulse Nightlife Bundles (250MB Pulse Nightlife bundle for N25 and 500MB Pulse Nightlife bundle for ₦50)
- Special Instagram Bundles: InstaBinge Lite 250MB for ₦100 and InstaBinge Heavy 1GB for ₦200
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- Data bonus on recharge
New! How To Get 1GB for 200 on MTN Pulse
MTN introduced Pulse InstaBinge Bundle which is an Instagram bundle that allows pulse customers to enjoy access to Instagram any time of the day at a special/different rate.
To get 1 GB for N200 on MTN you can dial *406# and follow the prompt to get your preferred InstaBinge Plan or you can purchase via SMS.
- INSTD1 to 131 for InstaBing Lite Bundle
- INSTD2 to 131 for InstaBinge Heavy Bundle
- FALZ to 131 for InstaBinge Heavy bundle with Falz special code
How To Cancel auto-renewal on MTN Pulse Instabinge bundle
- For 250MB InstaBinge Lite, send NOINSTD1 to 131 or dial *406*5# and select Cancel Autorenewal.
- For 1GB InstaBinge Heavy, send NOINSTD2 to 131 or dial *406*5# and select Cancel Autorenewal.
- For 1GB InstaBinge Heavy with Falz special code, send NOFALZ to 131 or dial *406*5# and select Cancel Autorenewal.
MTN 1GB Data Plan
This is the most popular plan on MTN network service used by must of smartphone users but it works almost on any device and it lasted for 30 Days. But, MTN has changed the 1GB Data plan to 1.5 GB Data Bundle at N1,000 and I will be real this good.
To activate this data plan you can Dial *131*106# or send 106 as SMS to 131.
MTN 22 GB Data Plan
This is another popular data plan for heavy internet users. The bundle works on Mobile device and also on MIFI and Routers, most companies subscribed to this data plan to use in office and work stations.
Just like the MTN 1 GB Data Plan, MTN has changed this data plan to 25GB from 22GB.
How To Activate Activate MTN Data Plan Bundle
Encountering issues sometimes are inevitable and getting a swift solution to that problem is the sweetest. Sometimes MTN network provider might not send Internet signal to your phone. So I am giving you the settings to make this work…
- To get your 3G/4G/GPRS settings automatically, text SETTINGS to 3888 on your MTN Nigeria Line.
- Do a Manual configuration see how
- Go to your access point settings and input the following.
- Account name: MTN GPRS
Access point name (APN): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
IP Address: 10.199.212.2
Port: 8080 (for HTML) or 9201 (for WAP)
This article – MTN Data Plan has been updated to the latest plan released by MTN Nigeria and the article was last updated on the 15th August 2019.