A student is a person mastering educational programs of secondary vocational education, undergraduate programs, specialty programs or master’s programs.
Modern student life is full of events — endless lectures, communication with friends, the Internet. Many students have difficulties with the study of educational material.
Sometimes it is difficult to complete a test, write an essay or create a good presentation. There may simply not be enough time to complete a specific task.
In such cases, students seek help from online platforms that provide writing services. One easy way to solve electricity problems facing students in Africa.
A unique work performed in accordance with the requirements, in compliance with the deadlines — this is what a student who turns to specialists receives. And this is only part of the benefits, click for more info. If you need a cheap essay, test or homework — do not hesitate, contact reliable websites.
The definition of student`s rights and obligations
The federal law establishes students` rights and obligations. In each country, they may vary slightly, but basically the meaning remains the same.
Rights and obligations are reflective concepts for designating norms and obligations that govern the standards of social and individual behavior, the interdependence of freedoms and the responsibility of the state and person to each other. A list of basic rights and obligations of students is represented below.
Obligations of students
Everyone has the right to education. And everyone has the full right to receive higher education on a competitive basis at a state or municipal educational institution. But not every person is a student.
In this case, all sorts of legal subtleties are also provided. In general, a person enrolled in a higher educational institution by order of the rector becomes a student of a higher educational institution.
There are some crucial things that school has failed to teach students which translate to – the school is not responsible for teaching the student everything they should know about life.
List of student’s main responsibilities:
- With their diligent study, scientific research and decent behavior, students are obliged to preserve and enhance the best traditions of the educational institution;
- To master knowledge, to fulfill all types of tasks stipulated by curricula and professional educational programs in a timely manner;
- Comply with the laws of the state in the field of education, the charter of the educational institution, the internal regulations and other provisions available in the educational part of the college/university;
- Protect the property of the educational institution and bear responsibility for its damage in the prescribed manner;
- To fulfill the requirements for the protection of the state, official and commercial secrets, confidential information and legal protection of intellectual property of the educational institution;
- For violation of the obligations stipulated by the charter of the educational institution and the Internal Rules of Procedure, including academic failure, disciplinary measures may be applied to the student, including expulsion from the college/university. Students can also be expelled (with reimbursement of training costs) in case of violation of the terms of the contract.
Rights of students
Having considered the responsibilities of students, it is necessary to disclose the rights that they have.
List of student’s basic rights:
- Each student has the right to receive knowledge that corresponds to the modern level of development of science, technology, and culture;
- Participate in the formation of the content of their education, subject to the requirements of state educational standards of higher professional education. The indicated right may be limited by the terms of an agreement concluded between a student and an individual or legal entity assisting him in obtaining an education and subsequent employment;
- To choose facultative (optional for this area of study) and elective (mandatory) courses offered by the relevant faculties and departments;
- In addition to academic subjects in selected areas of training (specialties), to master any other academic subjects taught at the college/university in the manner prescribed by a separate regulation, as well as in other higher educational institutions (by agreement with their leaders);
- Participate in the discussion and resolution of the most important issues of the institution’s activities, including through public organizations and governing bodies of higher educational institutions;
- To use libraries, information funds, services of educational, scientific, medical and other units of the educational institution in the manner prescribed by the charter;
- Take part in all types of research projects, conferences, symposia;
- Submit own work for publication, including in the editions of the educational institution;
- Appeal orders of the administration of the educational institution in the manner prescribed by law;
- For full-time students at least two times in the academic year, vacations are established with a total duration of at least seven weeks;
- The student has the right to receive information from the administration about the situation in the field of employment;
- Switch from paid to free tuition in the manner prescribed by the charter;
- For medical reasons and in other exceptional cases, the student is granted academic leave in the manner prescribed by the federal educational authority;
- Each student in need of living space should be provided with a place in a hostel that meets sanitary standards and rules if there is appropriate housing stock in the educational institution;
- A student has the right to reinstatement in an educational institution within five years after expulsion from it at his own request or for a respectful reason, while preserving the basis of education (paid or free), in accordance with which he studied before expulsion. The procedure and conditions for the reinstatement of a student, expelled for a disrespectful reason, are determined by the charter;
- Students are guaranteed freedom of transition to another educational institution in the manner prescribed by the federal educational authority. When transferring from one institution to another, students retain all rights since they are studying at this level of higher education for the first time;
- For academic success and active participation in research work, students receive moral and (or) material incentives in accordance with the charter.
So, we have provided you with a list of the rights and obligations of students. If you are a student — you should know them.