Have you been searching for solutions on how to hide an app on iPhones? You are at the right place. Keeping your iPhone home screen tidy kind of be a bit challenging since most of the apps you download find themselves on your home screen. There might also be certain apps you want to keep secret. Apps you don’t want app seeing on your home screen.
That’s why most are searching for ways to hide apps on their iPhones. Sometimes you might feel like hiding certain apps from your reach because you are kind of addicted to them. Mostly social media apps like Facebook, WhatsApp tends to distract you whenever there is a new notification. These constant distractions might not allow you to focus on the task at hand and the best way is to hide them.
Another reason you might want to hide apps on your iPhones might be because of other people. I hide apps a lot on my phone because I don’t want someone going through stuff on my phone. Most people tend to go through your social media apps to see what you have been up to. While others collect your phone and the next you see they are already using your phone to play games.
You see each one of us has different reasons why we want to hide apps on our iPhones. The new iOS 14 features have made it possible to hide apps with maximum ease on our iPhones. I will be listing various ways you can hide apps on your iPhones. Just do well to pick the one you think is easy for you. Let’s see how we can hide apps using these methods.
The best way to hide apps on iPhone is through Home Screen, App Gallery, App Folders and Apple app store purchase history.
How To Hide Apps On iPhones
The following methods are the methods I have found in hiding your apps from your reach or the reach of someone else.
How To Hide Apps on iPhone Home Screen – From Smart Suggestions
- The suggestion widget on your iPhone will appear like a normal cluster of apps on your home screen
- To Hide any app you have to press and hold the icon
- A menu will appear. Tap doesn’t suggest, app name, and a bottom message will appear.
- Then tap on the red option that says don’t suggest, app name, and wait for your phone to respond.
- If you’ve successfully done that, you have hidden the app from smart suggestions, don’t worry the app is still installed on your phone, it’s suggested that it won’t appear in smart suggestions.
How To Hide Apps Using App Gallery
If you are running on iOS 14, your phone will have an App gallery. If you are not sure you can check that out. There is how to hide apps using App gallery.
- Press and hold the icon of the app you want to hide
- You will see a menu pop-up tap on the remove app.
- Another menu will appear tap on move to App gallery.
- You can always find the hidden app in the app gallery. When you have a change of mind, you can move it back.
How to Hide Apps on Your iPhone Using App Folders
- Choose a folder on your phone that is boring or create a new one.
- Press and hold any app icon until a menu pops up
- Select Edit home screen.
- Hold and drag the app to the folder you have created.
- Drag the app to the right so that you can place it on the second page of the folder. Only the apps in the first folder are visible.
If you want to hide an app, create a folder of more than 12 pages. As long as each page has an app, you want to be able to easily access the last page app.
How to Hide Apps on the iPhone from Your App Store Purchase History
- Open the App Store
- Tap the profile icon
- Tap purchased
- Find the app you want to hide
- Swipe left on the app and tap hide.
- Repeat this procedure for every other app you want to hide. And tap done.
How To View Your Hidden App Purchases:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Tap on your Apple ID. You may need to input your password, use face or touch ID if prompted.
- Tap hidden purchase to find hidden apps.
How To Hide Apps That Come Pre-Installed
- From the home screen, tap and hold the app you want to hide.
- A menu will pop up tap delete app.
- If the delete app option is missing in the menu, that means the app can’t be deleted.
- Repeat these steps for other apps you want to delete.
- If you have a change of heart just download them back from the App Store.
By now you should be able to hide any app on your iPhone. The steps listed above are easy to follow. I now believe you don’t have any problems hiding an app on your phone.
If you don’t understand any of these steps, you can ask for help using the comment box below. You can also share a tip on how you hide apps on your iPhone if the method you used is not listed above.